Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Patrick Swayze loses fight against cancer and dies peacefully
























Dear All

It is a sad day; Dirty Dancing film star Patrick Swayze has died aged 57 after battling pancreatic cancer for nearly two years.

Patrick was one of the most popular movie stars of his generation.

Although he will be remembered for Dirty Dancing and Ghost as his big hits; I thought his role as Dalton in the movie Roadhouse was his best.

Roadhouse is a modern western, of the lone man who comes to a Midwest town to clean it up.

It was old time punch up using martial arts to appeal to a younger audience.

Patrick Swayze passed away peacefully with family at his side.

Patrick Swayze when interviewed about his illness said;

"Am I dying? Am I giving up? Am I on my death bed? Am I saying goodbye to people? No way."

I guess that statement says a lot about his life, never give up when the going gets tough.

Patrick Swayze; August 18, 1952 – September 14, 2009.

Yours sincerely

George Laird
The Campaign for Human Rights at Glasgow University

1 comment:

WWE fan said...

One of my favourite actors, ghost and dirty dancing still remain some of my fav movies of all time, he was a excellent dancer singer and actor, he will sadly be missed, patrick lit up the screen, brave until the end, r.i.p patrick.