Thursday, July 9, 2009

Glasgow University where I was nearly drowned by staff turning firehoses on my face.



















Dear All

Everyone remembers traumatic events in their life; they never go away.

I would like to recollect one from my time at the University of Glasgow.

I was in the swimming pool one night at the Department of Sport and Recreation, having popped out the sauna; I went for a swim in the pool when two of the Staff of the Sports and Recreation Service turned the red fire hoses on me full force.

These powerful red fire hoses were set to narrow beam and directed to my face.

I couldn’t breath and being asthmatic I started to panic in the water.

The names of the people involved were John Finnegan and David Higgins who both thought it was funny as they laughed during my attempts to get out of the pool.

I later suffered an asthma attack brought on by stress.

I never again went swimming in the pool of the Stevenson Building, University of Glasgow, Oakfield Ave, Hillhead, Glasgow.

I have also never gone swimming again outside in a private facility.

I relate this tale because I feel that it is important that people who read my blog have a clear understanding of how the University of Glasgow Staff treat people who they run personal vendettas against.

Despite complaining in writing of this treatment to senior management of the University of Glasgow nothing was done.

You can see a picture of the pool I was nearly drowned in here .

Yours sincerely

George Laird
The Campaign for Human Rights at Glasgow University

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi George,

I have been experiencing some rather large issues with discrimination at GU, I can also provide you with some more information you might take interest in. Please get in touch as I could benefit being in contact with someone who has had similar experiences to me.

Thanks,
Sarah